If you are looking to sell your house now and want to have a chance of making a quick house sale, then you need to make sure you follow some simple advice to make your house more attractive to the potential buyer. Steps such as fully cleaning the property, re-painting the front door and tidying up the front garden are some of the measures that have to be taken if you are to have any chance of attracting a potential buyer.
A home that is scruffy, has bin bags littering the front of the house, an unkempt lawn and a cracked and faded paint job on the front door will make an instantly bad first impression to any potential buyer. A recent survey showed that many first time buyers these days make their mind up at the front door of a property, before they have even seen the inside so it makes sense to ensure that the first impression is a good one. Below is a list with some helpful tips and measures you can follow to help you sell property quickly:-
- Tidy your house from top to bottom, removing all clutter and mess.
- Take down any personal family photographs and pictures as these can be a distraction to the buyer.
- Clean and dust the whole house thoroughly. If you want to spend a little cash and don’t have the time to do it yourself, using professional cleaners can save a lot of time and give your house a real sparkle.
- Finish off any small DIY jobs and minor repairs like painting walls and ceilings or fixing handles on cupboard doors etc.
- Choose appropriate lighting for each room to enhance the mood of the space.
- Neutralise the paint colour of the house. Research shows most buyers prefer natural, earthy colours to bright and bold shades. Magnolia is still the number one selling paint colour.
- Clean up and tidy the outside space such as the back garden and front of house. Get rid of dead foliage and cut back overgrown flower beds.
- Remove any signs of pets for viewings as some buyers may be allergic to animal hair.
- Make sure the property is well aired by opening windows and buying some plug in air fresheners.
Try to arrange rooms so that there is no mistaking what they are for. Furnished rooms usually make a better impression than unfurnished and empty rooms.
If you follow some or preferably all of the above then you will stand a much better chance of attracting a buyer for your home. Unfortunately, in today’s stagnant housing market with prices predicted to stay flat or in some areas continue to drop until mid 2014, according to Nationwide, it may still be a difficult task to sell your house now for the price you want, even if all of the above measures are adhered to.
Another option that more and more home owners are turning to today, is using a national home buyers to sell property quickly. If you need to sell your house fast as a result of financial difficulties, repossession, illness, divorce or job loss, to name but a few, then going down the traditional route of an estate agent with all the associated red tape, lengthy waiting times and no guarantee of a sale, may not be the most expedient option in the circumstances.
A national home buyers have people waiting to buy your property, no matter what condition it is in, so no need to even bother with any of the above list and have people coming into your house for a viewing. An offer will be made on your house after a survey from a member of the RCIS and the cash will be with you in 15 days from requesting a quote.
While the offer will be less than the market value of the house, usually between 75% to 80% , when weighed up against estate agents commissions, solicitors fees and the lengthy waiting time and extra stress and worry that goes with that, then making a quick house sale through a national home buyers can be the most viable option in the given circumstances.
If you have the time to wait however and are in no rush to move, then following the above suggestions will help you get the best price for your property and increase the chances of making a sale sooner, rather than later.